One perk of having a quirky brother who spends hours and hours a week in the Goodwill buying junk to resell for minimal profit is his interesting finds that he passes on to me. I’m an anti-hoarder and my distaste of unnecessary clutter leads to a usual rejection of his offers of leg lamps and used spice racks, but he occasionally brings me something I enjoy.
While this issue of LIFE Magazine is certainly not a rarity - I think everybody has a great uncle who hoarded copies of LIFE and held onto the Moon landing edition - but I love reading through old magazines like this, if for nothing else, then for the ads where I can imagine Don Draper’s praise - or cringes - towards the copywriter who came up with each tagline.
Oh, and if only Fruit of the Loom briefs and t-shirts still cost 69 cents.
- luneballoon likes this
- sickeninglyliberal reblogged this from fortune-n-glory
- modeto029 likes this
- ghouldilocks likes this
- lusciouschaos likes this
- twoeleven said: quirky relatives are the best! and this is cool ps. im gonna be a minimalist too i think
- twoeleven likes this
- emmassister likes this
- awritersruminations likes this
- that-southern-sun likes this
- roomnumber568 likes this
- dannydyers-chocolatehomunculus likes this
- padude said: brief inflation!
- fortune-n-glory posted this